Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tomatoes

My dear husband is working until midnight, so I'm on my own for dinner. What to have?
I got a crazy lot of garden tomatoes at my sister's on Sunday. They're ripening faster than they can be picked and eaten. I filled a grocery sack with roma and cherry tomatoes. Mmmm. I love tomatoes.
At the moment...I'm suffering for my affection. 😝I ate too much, but I just can't throw them away! So.... I figured tomato sauce is basically boiled tomatoes and lemon juice, I'll do that. 3 hours later I'm taking hot skins out of the pot and eating them. 20 minutes later they're getting tossed. Too much for my... belly. Yeah. That.
I also put in a lot of onions and cilantro. Should be good! I'm looking forward to eating it later when my bowels won't punish me for it.
Now... back to the original purpose of being in the kitchen... what's for dinner? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment