Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lifestyle Changes

Ever felt like there's a fit and energetic you screaming to be set free? Me too. There's just that switch in my head that has to be flipped for any diet plan to stick. I am currently 240 lbs and 4'10" tall. Obese. That's me. That's been me since 9th grade.
I got down to 160 to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but once I came home... all motivation was gone. I was back in college and eating cheap and unhealthy.
Flash forward to today. My husband was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance. He apparently has had it all his life. Now our diet HAS TO change. That or neuropathy. I choose eating healthy.
So. To begin, I had a physical Monday. Bad cholesterol is high, good cholesterol is low. Weight is an issue, especially with diabetes type 2 in the family.
Lastly, I need accountability. Hence this blog. I'm going to be all boring and account food, recipe attempts, and exercise. Doctor said I should have good heart pumping exercise 30-45 minutes 4 days a week.
Here goes!

2 comments: